Vivanta By Taj – Coral Reef is hip, luxurious, yet affordable solution to holidaying in the Maldives. Chic and comfortable accommodation coupled with an innovative food and beverage experience and levels of service synonymous with the Taj Group, at natures very own Coral Reef lagoon ensures a holiday of a lifetime in the truest sense. Located on Hembadhu Island, less than 32 kilometers from Male airport, Vivanta by Taj – Coral Reef has been refurbished and redesigned to offer a personalized holiday experience for families and couples alike. Boasting one of the best spots for diving, amateurs, and professionals can explore the resort’s very own house reef and shipwreck. The less intrepid can take stock and relax in the property’s Jiva Spa, inspired by the Indian philosophy of wellness while appetites of all ages will be whetted by the variety of fresh and enticing culinary options created by our talented chef’s brigade.
At Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef you feast. On the scenery, the culture, and most especially on the cuisine. Executive Chef, Vikas Milhoutra has masterminded a diverse range of menus across his three restaurants. The focus is on fresh regional and international fare. From light bites to several indulgent courses, Milhoutra skillfully guides diners through memorable holiday meals. Private Dinners can be arranged from within the intimate setting of the Wine Cellar to casual In-Villa barbeque evenings, with either a Chef Valet on hand or a 'DIY BBQ' with pre-marinated meats for guests to get involved. Water lovers can opt for the secret sandbank picnic location, surrounded by water only accessible at low tide. The indoor and outdoor venues are a treat for the senses. The flavours. The aromas. The live cooking sounds. And the artistic display. All come together in a fine harmony. Dig in. Be thrilled.
- Latitude spoils you for choice by offering a fascinating range of Pan Asian cuisine. The look is chic, the vibe informal. Splashes of colour, trendy furnishings, and artistic food presentations set the tone. Mood lighting, eclectic world music and the menu spans across flavours from the Indian Ocean including Thai, Indonesian, Maldivian and Coastal Indian cuisine. All main course items are served a la carte from a menu that changes daily. The restaurant offers a private dining room along with a wine display, an ideal venue for private wine dinners offering tailor made menus by the Executive Chef.
- Open Hours: Breakfast - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.; Lunch - Noon - 2:30 p.m.; Dinner - 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Open - The Grill
- Eating under the sky and stars is a must. Thus Vivanta by Taj presents Open - The Grill, an al fresco dining experience overlooking the lagoon
- Open Hours: Lunch - Noon to 3:00 p.m.; Dinner - 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Reef bar
- Overlooking the windswept infinity swimming pool and house reef, the Reef bar is designed to soothe the senses. Soak in the relaxed groove of this breezy open-air bar with live entertainment. Cool down. Chill out. Soak in the vibrant, modern scene. Reef Bar is where guests gather for the perfect evening of conversation and unexpected diversions. Sometimes it's a disco, other nights a magic show. You won't know unless you go!
- Open Hours: 10:00 a.m. to Midnight
The Jiva at the Vivanta by Taj - Coral Reef, Maldives is an unabashed indulgence with personalised service, luxurious treatment rooms, steam room and a retail boutique. The all-natural treatments draw on the ancient health and beauty traditions of Asia, from cultures that celebrate beauty and refinement and honour nature's precious gifts. The exotic aromas of spices and fragrant blooms, coupled with the gentle sound of soothing music and heavenly treatments, will take your spa experience to a new level entirely.
Dive school offering internationally recognized PADI course & certification