Velaa Private Island is the realization of a dream to create a ‘beyond luxury’ exclusive boutique hideaway. This unique destination was developed to embody the very best of this unique archipelago, bathed by azure skies in the aquamarine waters of the Indian Ocean.
Located in the gorgeous Noonu Atoll, 187 kilometres north of Male, Velaa Private Island is an exceptional luxury retreat where our guests are treated like royalty. Velaa Private Island has been designed and curated with privacy and comfort as the guiding principles while allowing the Indian Ocean to take centre stage. At one with nature, each of the private retreats is built using local materials, combining contemporary flourishes with interiors designed for sensory exploration.
Creating perfect moments and ever-lasting memories begins with a meaningful location. Regardless of whether your destination is an exotic deserted island, a pristine coral reef, or an atoll filled with a variety of fish, the Velaa marine fleet has a large range of vessel for any occasion. A romantic get-away deserves a sensual glide across the ocean on our luxury traditional Batheli. Fishing enthusiasts will appreciate a day aboard our powerful fishing boat, which is not only equipped with the latest fishing equipment, but is also furnished for comfort with all modern amenities. For those who prefer to spend their time lazing in luxury, the prestige Velaa yacht can accommodate more than just the wind in your hair.
For the epicurean, Velaa Private Island boasts the culinary consultancy of Michelin-star chef Adeline Grattard from Paris, and an extensive wine cellar. With three restaurants and two bars and a wine cellar, a generous selection of locations and cuisines are available for guests.
- A unique experience awaits all our guests at the Athiri beach-front restaurant. Take delight in the surrounding beauty and selections available from our Á la carte menu, no matter the time of day.A buffet breakfast with fresh fruits and a choice of cooked breakfasts for different moods is the perfect way to start the day. All day cuisine is available at your leisure, including Athiri’s signature pizzas fresh from the wood-fired oven! Or visit us and gaze across the beautiful beach as the sun sets while savouring the delectable Athiri specialties we have prepared especially for you.
- Against the backdrop of spectacular ocean views, Avi is the perfect place to unwind and sip on delicious cocktails while relaxing poolside. Complete with its own mixologist and live DJ, Avi is a casual pool bar by day and a vibrant cocktail bar by night, where we take special care of our guests.Relax as the evening gives way to a blanket of stars, twinkling in harmony with the rhythmic beat. Feel the energy envelop you, forget your worries and have fun. Whether dancing or dreaming of the heavens, Avi Bar is the perfect way to end a day in Paradise.
- With a twist on Modern European Cuisine, Aragu is taking its gourmet experience to a new level; combining passion for culinary art with awareness and sustainability. Favouring carefully chosen, organic produce from around the world to underline authenticity, Gaushan de Silva has created an innovative twist on the evergreens of the Old Continent.Our chef’s classical culinary techniques coupled with contemporary ideas and thoughtfully selected ingredients promises a refreshing yet lavish experience.
- The tastes and flavours of Chinese, Korean and Japanese cuisine will induce your senses at the boutique Tavaru restaurant.Specialising in East Asian cuisine, the deft hands of our talented chefs will create inspirational and exciting dishes from the finest local and international ingredients to tantalise your palate. An extraordinary gastronomic journey showcasing unique flavours and unrepeatable textures awaits you at Tavaru.
- Wine Cellar
- A thorough delight for wine enthusiasts, the ivory-white Tavaru Tower hosts Velaa’s extensive wine cellar. More than five hundred bins, the largest on Maldives, span the spectrum from boutique wineries to grand marques.Offering guests a rare opportunity to discover gems such as the 1956 Domaine de la Romanée Conti “Romanée Conti”, rare vintage Salon Champagne, and a centuries old fortified 1870 Blandy’s “Verdelho Solera”, this exquisite list has unearthed treasures from across the globe.
- Overlooking the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, the CRU Champagne Lounge exudes an unrivalled elegance where our guests can savour some of the world’s finest and rarest champagnes under the guidance of our expert sommeliers.
Offering the ultimate personalised experiences, our Spa can create a unique programme for the duration of your stay. Embracing a holistic approach to wellness, the Spa also offers a selection of Asian-inspired therapies including Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation to enhance and promote health and longevity. Experience innovative Spa facilities whilst enjoying freshly prepared juices or a bottle of champagne, and embrace the turquoise ocean with its endless tranquillity.
Far from the heavy traffic, CO2 pollution, noise disturbance and stress associated with our daily grind, the marine world is another dimension that Mother Earth has bestowed upon us. Immerse yourself in absolute tranquillity and discover the secrets of this big blue abyss. Experience a weightlessness of both body and mind amid the diversity of colours, inquisitive species and awe-inspiring giants. Grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, the seasonal manta ray, black spotted stingray and the graceful eagle ray can be seen among the amazing Maldivian pelagic life at unexplored dive sites that are only fifteen minutes from the Velaa Private Island shore.
Fulfill your adrenaline fuelled fantasies and realise your dreams with our variety of high tech toys. Sail along the Velaa Private Island reef on our Weta trimaran or Topcat K1 catamaran. Experience the thrill of speeding across the water on our jet-ski, or feel like James bond exploring the house reef with the Sea Bob. Cruise and surf Velaa at your own pace aboard a stand-up paddleboard. Feel the sensation of flying with parasailing or kite surfing.