The Residence Maldives is nestled on Falhumaafushi, a pristine island in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, believed to be one of the largest atolls in the world. Located 242 miles south of Male International Airport, it is reached via an air and sea transfer. This secluded retreat, a Leading Hotel of The World - 1km long by 120m at its widest point - offers unparalleled beauty. Its elegant interiors blend seamlessly with its traditional Maldivian architecture.
The private villas evoke a pleasingly classic yet modern style, their bespoke furnishings rubbing shoulders with local artifacts and wall-art. High ceilings and French windows ensure every villa is airy and light filled. The beach front or over-water villas offer either a "toes in the sand" experience or the chance to slip straight from your deck into the cool, clear waters to reach your own private dive site. A buggy service is readily available to transport you around the island.
Whether you are seeking a laid-back getaway or an exciting vacation, The Residence Maldives has something for everyone. Adventure seekers can engage in a selection of exhilarating water sports while those who wish to savour life at a slower pace can opt for more relaxing activities on land. Guests travelling with children can participate in fun family activities suitable for the whole family. A variety of facilities is also available for guests.
The Residence Maldives offers an unforgettable dining experience in the restaurants both in terms of tempting menus and stunning panoramas of the Indian Ocean. Besides a variety of gastronomic temptations to pamper your palate, the backdrop of the sapphire ocean creates an ambience like no other.
- The Dining Room
- The main restaurant is a modern beachfront bistro offering both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the lagoon. It offers an extensive à la carte breakfast menu, as well as healthy salads and light meals for lunch. In the evenings the focus is upon World, Asian and Indian Ocean cuisine with a contemporary twist. A children’s menu is also available.
- Breakfast: 7.30am – 10.30amLunch: 12.00pm – 3.00pmDinner: 7.30pm – 10.30pm
- The Falhumaa
- This overwater venue is spectacularly located at the end of a 230m long jetty above the reef. The menu features western cuisine with the emphasis on fresh seafood and grilled meats complemented by fine wines from around the world. The bar is a relaxed and intimate setting for aperitifs and after-dinner liqueurs.
- Daily Operating Hours: 7.30pm – 10.30pm
- The Beach Bar
- Overlooking the beach and partially submerged in the swimming pool, The Beach Bar is the focal point of the resort. It offers light meals and island-style drinks during the day, tapas and signature infused spirits served when the sun goes down
- Pool: 11.00am – 6.00pmBar
- Private Dining
- A variety of 24-hour private dining options are also available with the emphasis on romance. Couples can dine alone together beneath the stars either on a beach or the private terrace of their luxury villa. A private castaway island also awaits for a real Robinson Crusoe experience.
Step into a haven of tranquillity at the first and only The Spa by Clarins in the Maldives. As an internationally renowned pioneer of natural beauty, Clarins’ spa products are made of active ingredients with plant origins. Unique formulas are specially developed for the expert hands of our beauty therapists. Linked to the main land by a jetty, the spa overlooks the soothing waters of the lagoon and a rainbow of coral reefs. Comprising six separate pavilions and an ensuite hair salon, the Spa offers an array of holistic treatments, pampering massages and hair services that will rejuvenate your body and mind. A large open deck, dedicated to meditation and yoga classes embraces both the views and the breeze for the ultimate relaxation.