Viceroy Maldives is located in Shaviyani Atoll, 192 km from the capital island of Malé and the International Airport. On the Maldives’ uncharted northern edge, the resort is located on the private island of Vagaru, over 17 acres of palm trees and pristine sand encircling a blue lagoon. Access to Vagaru is easily accommodated via seaplane, less than an hour’s flight from the main island of Malé.
Caught in the embrace of the Indian Ocean, the five distinct dining venues capture the essence of Europe, the “Spice Trade Routes” from Asia to Middle East. Guests can select casual or elegant dining options, choosing from menus that please every palate. Additionally, the resort offers 24-hour In-Villa Dining service.
- From sunrise through to the day’s end, guests can soak up the view of the pool and lagoon while enjoying a relaxed dining experience. Every day begins with an abundance of choices for breakfast, providing guests with both Western and Asian selections. The fresh juice bar, morning pastries and a variety of sliced cold cuts and meats allows for a continental-style meal, with eggs, waffles, and pancakes made to order. For those looking for a healthier option, there is an extensive selection of organic low-fat and soy yogurts, fresh tropical fruits, and an array of healthy Asian breakfast options.For dinner, flavors of the East and West are prepared and presented in a contemporary style, whilst preserving the authentic flavors of each origin. Weekly theme nights will feature Indian, Thai, and Seafood menus. Chefs will also take advantage of seasonal offerings, such as white asparagus and white truffles, to create special menus.
- Poised above Vista, our signature restaurant, Cerchio, is ideal for those looking for a quiet evening to celebrate a special occasion or a romantic candle-lit dinner. Food prepared is a modern interpretation of fine Italian cuisine inspired by preservation of the authentic flavors of home style cooking, enhanced by a fine selection of Italian and international wines. Our chefs will create menus based on seasonally available produce and local seafood, offering a selection of “themed menus” throughout the year focusing on individual culinary delights such as white summer truffles.At the Wine Cellar, AOC, guests can find a wide spectrum of wines to accommodate taste, price, and occasion. The wine list will be focused around both the culinary selection as well as the genealogical journey of discovery. The selection of wine ranges from the finest estates of France and Italy to new world wine regions, with an extensive collection of Magnums.This is a perfect venue for a group of friends and family members to celebrate an evening and make it memorable. AOC gives an opportunity to showcase our Executive Chef’s finest preparations and signature dishes paired with guests’ choices of the finest wines. Private events from two to fourteen can be organized as well.
- Anguru will offer the finest selection of guests’ favorite lunch items, ranging from organic salads, grilled fish cooked to guests’ liking, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, and pizzas, along with a subtle influence from the east, offering favorite wok dishes such as Nasi Goreng, wok-fried lobster noodles, and glass noodle Thai salad. Private cabanas are at guests’ disposal and can be reserved fully stocked with a pre-set selection of beverages, a perfect way to spend the day lounging and overlooking the lagoon. As the sun sets, the freshest seafood and fine cuts are prepared to guests’ tastes straight from the outdoor grill. The grilled entrees are accompanied by a wide selection of marinades and sauces, and side dishes which satisfy every mood and appetite.
- The Treehouse lures guests with its exotic flavors of the Middle East and features a selection of hot or cold mezzes from the region.The Treehouse has an ideal location at the island’s southernmost tip; generous cushions and loungers areartfully placed to allow guests to choose an intimate or livelier setting. While some will sip drinks before dinner during the drama of a Maldives sunset, others may choose to climb up for a more scenic seating overlooking the lagoon for an unparalleled view of the starry sky. The Treehouse is the perfect spot for pre and post dinner drinks, smoking a shisha, and savoring some sweet delights.
- Our Spa Café will offer an organic and fresh approach to spa cuisine. Accommodating guests who have chosen to indulge in the holistic, regenerating benefits of our extensive spa therapies, Vai focuses on healthy cuisine, providing optimal nutrition incorporating flavors of the sub-continent and the west. Fresh juices with our home-grown wheatgrass juice station ensure that our spa guests start the day in a cleansing and detoxifying way
- In Villa Dinning
- Once established in the comforts of their villa, there’s no need for guests to leave it to enjoy the resort’s dining choices. Guests will be able to dine in the privacy of their own villa, selecting dishes prepared from their favorite outlets. Service through In-Villa Dining will be perceptively precise and maintain flexibility of choice. At any hour of the day or night, a selection of small plates, snacks and entrees can be brought to the villa’s deck or living area. Special menus can also be planned for intimate dinner served in our celebrated Viceroy style, on the guest’s deck, on the beach, or on a deserted island in the Indian Ocean.
- 24 Hours
The Spa at Viceroy Maldives experience is designed to allow each guest to reconnect to their Essential Self – the person they are when they are free of the stresses, imbalances and toxins of daily life. In the Spa, we create a space for stillness, being, wisdom, peace, bliss and embracing of the sacred. The Spa consists of seven over-water spa villas, five of them being designed with private changing areas, steam showers, private deck views and two hydraulic treatment tables to accomplish any treatment required by our guests. Embracing the power and presence of water, one overwater spa villa features a beautiful soaking tub, which is perfect way to begin or end your spa journey. There is one Beauty Suite for nail and hair styling for those special evenings and nights. For a more intimate and private haven, our exclusive Couple’s Private Suite contains a private wet chamber complete with Vichy shower, a plunge pool for two and living area to unwind and relax pre-and post treatments.
Maldives is known internationally as one of the world’s best dive destinations. The Resort’s PADI-licensed Dive Centre is run by a multilingual team of professionals. The full allure of Vagaru exists both under and upon its waters—the sea and air are alive with adventure, and the key to accessing them lies in the expansive Dive and Water sports Center. With a house reef just off the shore plus unchartered dive and snorkeling sites, novice and experienced divers alike can revel in the island’s underwater treasures with the Center’s PADI certified training courses.
A range of water sports, both motorized and non-motorized sports are available. Guests can arrange fishing trips out in the deep sea, at sunset or out at a deserted island, or embrace the adrenaline rush of windsurfing, waterskiing,kayaking, catamaran sailing, wake boarding and deep sea fishing.