Located no more than a 25-minute speedboat ride from Male, Dhonveli’s proximity and diversity combine to make it one of the most popular destinations in the Maldives.The island is constantly buzzing with action as divers, surfers and beach bums alike find a common ground in the world of excitement this little island has to offer. A trip here is always big fun and you’re bound to find yourself trying something new no matter what reason brings you to our shores.
For the avid sports fisherman or enthusiast, the resort offers deep-sea fishing, sunrise fishing, sunset fishing and big game fishing. Our oceans are teaming with marlin, yellow fin tuna and more for your rod & reel to discover.For the avid sports fisherman or enthusiast, the resort offers deep-sea fishing, sunrise fishing, sunset fishing and big game fishing. Our oceans are teaming with marlin, yellow fin tuna and more for your rod & reel to discover.
At Dhonveli, there are 3 excellent restaurants serving local fare, international cuisine and succulent seafood in every conceivable form. Add to that the juice bar on the beach and 3 cocktail bars spread across the island and you have convenient access to the F&B outlets no matter where on the island you are.
- Koimala Garden Restaurant
- The Koimala family style restaurant, named after one of Maldives’ late Queens serves a regal spread across the many tables both indoors and on the beach. Even if you’re in the vicinity of our island, this is a great place to drop by for a relaxing lunch or dinner by the sea. Partitioned into two large dining wings, this thatched-roof venue on the beach is our main restaurant, serving the biggest spread on the island.
- Opening Hours: * Breakfast - 7.30 am-9.30 am * Lunch - 12.30 pm-2.30 pm * Dinner - 7.30 pm-9.30 pm
- Maakanaa Restaurant
- Somewhere on this island, you’re bound to encounter a Maakana, elegant Grey Herons with their conical black head markings. Similarly, the Maakana restaurant that sits close to Pasta Point and the Garden Bungalows has an iconic circular structure and high cone-shaped thatched roof. Great international cuisine, an action-packed atmosphere and many action stations make it a popular dining venue at the resort in Maldives. Tuck in a hearty meal and watch the surf break or watch a Maakana pass you by.
- The Raalhu Bar has long been the favourite hangout of the surfers on the island because of its fantastic view of Pasta Point’s giant left-handed waves and the surfers riding them back to shore. A la carte, al fresco dining with a great selection of cocktails, international spirits and juices, there really is nowhere else our surfers want to be when they’re not riding the waves.
- 8:30 am, until the last guest leaves
- Raiyvilaa Sunset Terrace Bar
- There’s a lot to see on this island but only one great place from where you can watch the sunset over the horizon, throwing maddening shades of purple and orange across the cloud-drenched skies. If you’re on the all-inclusive package, this means coming by here for your evening snack and coffee would be a great idea – and while you’re at it, why not throw back a few cocktails when the moon begins to rise? You know what else it’s good for? A romantic candle-lit dinner for two, once the sunset audience has moved elsewhere for the night’s revelries.
- Open: 0900 am - Midnight
- Rehendhi Restaurant
- Located by the over-water suites, this exclusive restaurant is for the resort’s special guests offering a deck by the ocean for romantic dinners and a tasteful spread of food from around the world. Try some traditional Maldivian curries while you’re here though – while they are spicy.
- Breakfast – 7:30 am to 9:30 amLunch – 12:30 pm to 2:30 pmDinner – 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Juice Bar
- Order a fresh tropical juice for your afternoons under the sun outside our beach bungalows. While the view is breathtaking the tropical heat is bound to make you thirsty and what better way to cool off than with a chilled juice? Fresh juice is also a great chaser for an island afternoon spent in the company of some rum or vodka.
- 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- In-room Dining
- Why even head out of your room unless it is to indulge in a spot of action? When its dinnertime, wine and dine you, and your special someone on your private balcony, deck or verandah. Candlelight, an island, wine and the one you love – isn’t that what they call paradise?
- 9:00 am to 2:00 am
- Room Service
- Why ever leave the comforts of your plush resort rooms when we can bring the food of the soul to the foot of your bed. Wake up one day and decide to stay in bed, call us up and we’ll do the rest. The room service menu offers a selection of international a la carte dishes, drinks and desserts to make your room your entire world for as long as you want it.
- 9:00 am to 2:00 am
Aptly named, the Chavana Spa at Dhonveli comes with many treatments and a range of spa products to revitalize, rejuvenate and reawaken the young at heart. Chavana Spa at all our Maldives resorts are a part of the international spa chain Mandara, featuring specialized Balinese therapists, invigorating treatments and the internationally renowned Elemis brand of products. Walk in and browse our extensive spa menu as you sip on a warm jasmine tea and freshen up with a warm towel.
Located close to the entrance of the resort, Meredis offers a host of snorkeling and diving options for newcomers and certified divers alike. The discovery of colour, shape, form and species underwater is an indescribable thing. The best possible way to attempt to explain what it is like would be to tell you that you’d probably find the rest of the world an absolute bore once you’ve been down there.
Dive head first into paradise with the wide selection of watersports activities on offer here at Cinnamon Dhonveli. Living on a remote island most certainly has its benefits and you won’t feel landlocked for long if you get on a jetskii and rip through the ocean for a mad rush of adrenalin. Maldives has been consistenly famous for the great selection of water sports activities and here on this island.