Pristine white tent-roofs, a layered blue ocean and half a kilometer long jetty greet you as you land on Hakuraa Huraa, a destination designed for the intimacy of romance and the quiet kind of rejuvenation. To attempt to describe this island’s many breathtaking elements wouldn’t do them justice – get here, breathe in the magic and let it put a spell on you.
Island Hopping To get a glimpse of traditional Maldivian island life, take a boat ride to the neighbouring islands. They are a great place to pick up souvenirs of your trip to the Maldives too. Accompanied by a guide, the 30-minute boat trip will first take you to the local island of Muli, the capital of the Meemu Atoll, where inhabitants live in coral stone houses with clean sandy pathways to wander around. Sunset Fishing Head out on a traditional Maldivian dhoni and try your hand at fishing as the sun sets on the horizon. Our sunset fishing expedition is an experience for both the newcomer and the avid sports fisherman that you don’t want to miss. Red Snapper, Mullet and more can be yours for dinner, because our chef is ready to prepare it for you too!! Dolphin Watching If you like to take long, calming trips across the ocean and meet some fascinating marine life while you’re at it, book a dhoni ride to go dolphin watching. The resort’s traditional dhonis are large open boats that give you a great view of the ocean and sky that surround you as the dolphins frolic and pass you by.
The constantly complimented gastronomy options have most certainly played a key role in earning a status as the best resort in the Meemu Atoll and possibly across the Maldives! While there are only two restaurants and a couple of bars on this tiny island, they’ve been consistently big on the experience factor, offering great taste all the way. Succulent meals, delicious cocktails and star-class gastronomy combine to make Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa’s food & beverage service an incomparable experience.
- Malaafaiy Restaurant
- Named after a large, traditional wooden serving dish, Malaafaiy is the main restaurant serving 3 daily buffets that are consistently large and constantly delicious. Take your taste buds on a journey around the world every time you sit down for a meal here, because the international spread is definitely bound to surprise you. With many action stations, multiple food options, cold rooms for starters and desserts, this restaurant is easily the busiest place on the island, offering serene views of the lagoon while you dine. Island resorts in the Maldives don’t offer the combination of gastronomy and bliss quite like we do here at Malaafaiy.
- Open hours: * Breakfast : 0730 - 0930 * Lunch : 1230 - 1430 * Dinner : 1930 - 2130
- Nalha Falhu – Lounge
- Located at the end of the jetty and officially beginning the premises on the island – the Nalha Falhu Lounge
- 9:00 am until last guest leaves
- Crab Seafood Restaurant
- All-inclusive resorts in the Maldives generally offer you a single dining option for each of your meals, but here at Hakuraa Huraa there’s something truly special added to the mix. The Crab is the specialty seafood restaurant located at the far end of the island providing easy access to most Water Bungalow guests. Our 4-course seafood meals, lobster specials and other a la carte meals are prepared with the utmost care and consideration of your taste buds, letting you savour the taste of the ocean as you gaze at the gentle waves around you.
- Lunch 12:30 pm -2:30 pmDinner 7:30 pm -9:30 pm
- The Crab Bar
- While there already is a lounge and bar on Hakuraa Huraa island, also added is a private drinks area by the specialty seafood restaurant, The Crab. Whether you’re over there for a special seafood dinner or happen upon it by chance on a walk around the island, stop by and order something special. The view of the Indian Ocean at both day and night are undoubtedly going to take your breath away.
- 12 noon daily, until the last guest leaves
- In-room Dining
- While there is small but comprehensive selection of dining venues on the island, in-villa dining is available for guests who enjoy privacy, intimacy and romance. If you’d like a special champagne breakfast or a special dining plan set up on your deck or verandah, make a call!
- 8:30 am onwards (breakfast only)
- Room Service
- Don’t leave your room if you don’t want to. Stay in bed, call up and order anything you want from the extensive room service menu and gaze out at the Indian Ocean as you dine with your special someone, with no disturbances.
- 8:30 am to 9:00 pm
The Chavana Spa on Hakuraa Huraa comes with many treatments and a range of spa products to revitalize, rejuvenate and reawaken the young at heart. Chavana Spa is a part of the international spa chain Mandara, featuring specialized Balinese therapists, invigorating treatments and the internationally renowned Elemis brand of products.
There is a world beneath the water that only a diver knows is better in diversity and colour than the one we live on. Also, Meemu Atoll has been known for its unusual reef formation and endemic marine life. Feel an adrenalin rush as a giant manta glides by, or encounter a whale shark on a hunt at night. For those of you who think otherwise, rest assured that they are harmless species going about their business as you dive into their waters.
The water sports centre at Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa is designed for those of you who love the constant action of the ocean that surrounds us. In fact there seem to be no end to marine ventures here as fishing, diving, snorkeling, dhoni rides, island hopping, offshore weddings, catamaran rides, jet skiing, wind surfing, stand up and paddle, canoeing, kayaking and paddle boating are offered.