Soneva Gili is located in one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives, with jetties threading across the crystal clear water out to spacious over-sized villas that provide spectacular water views of the ocean from every room. Apart from the sparkling waters, the tiny island provides a very intimate atmosphere fused with luxuries of the highest international standard to create a wonderfully serene and natural experience - continuing the Soneva philosophy of Intelligent Luxury.
Dining experiences include a romantic, moonlit dinner on the deck of your villa, a sunset champagne cruise on a traditional dhoni, or dinners in the underground Gourmet Cellar - the settings are as memorable as the cuisine. From the fine wines to the excellent malts, the resort has achieved a reputation of providing the guests a unique dining experience.
- Main Restaurant
- Located on the west side of Lankanfushi offering a superb natural environment to enjoy a relaxing breakfast or romantic dinner. The style of food caters to all requirements and offers a combination of dishes that allows East to meet the West in culinary terms.
- By the Sea Restaurant
- The restaurant presents a fusion Peruvian-Japanese culinary ad-venture combining breathtaking views to the ocean with intimate dining for just 26 guests. Located on the elevated top level of a double story facility located on the island, the restaurant in-cludes a Sushi Bar featuring daybeds plus five tables, each seat-ing up to four guests, and an open kitchen station which can be used for live cooking classes.The expansive tasting menu includes a quintessential fusion of food; from traditional Japanese to indigenous European, Asian and Peruvian flavours. Local ingredients are used and include the daily catch and fresh organic produce picked from the resort’s own gardens. Guests have the ability to select from an array of signature dishes accompanied by a fine selection of Japanese sakes and an extensive list of wines.
- Main Bar
- The Bar is a stunning construction over the shallow lagoon and offers snacks and light meals throughout the day. The lunch buffet at the bar is a very casual experience, where you can cre-ate your own menu from the wide selection of fresh salad leaves from the garden, sushi, Mediterranean delicacies, daily catch of fish, imported meats and local spices and herbs.
- The Wine Cellar and Underground Chocolate Cave
- Situated between the restaurant and the garden is the gourmet cellar, initially visible only by the softly undulating wood-shingled roofline. Entering through a doorway sculptured from copper sheeting and deco-like carved wood embellishment, a softly lit glass staircase descends beneath ground level to the cavernous cellar. Lined with a softly dappled satiny-smooth stucco plaster finish, recessed free-form wine racks display more than 300 la-bels. Running almost the entire length of the cellar is a six-meter (twenty-foot) driftwood tree trunk, slotted with eight individual glass table tops and personal wine glass shelves. Wine tasting and wine dinners are hosted by the wine sommelier as to the require-ment of each guest. Guests may either order at the cellar or from our wine list and have the wine of their choice delivered to the restaurant or their villa in time to enjoy it with their meal. In addition to our artisanal cheese and deli room, you may now also experience our handmade, gourmet choco-late cave. Our Executive pastry chef has created a chocolate menu using only the finest chocolate, with some very interesting and unusual flavours. To further the experience ever more, our Sommelier would be delighted to create a fantastic chocolate and wine pairing which may be enjoyed before or after dinner.
- Other Dining Experiences
- * Dine under the palms at the beach front restaurant offering gourmet à la carte and changing daily menus * Wine dinners with visiting wine makers and celebrity chefs * In villa dining menu designed around our guests favorite cuisine and dishes Private in villa dining options and gourmet BBQ’s are also available * Organic herb and vegetable garden lunches and dinners * Secluded private dining experiences including – One Palm and Three Palm Island, Palm Beach and tree house dining platform
The Six Senses Spa offers everything expected, and some things unexpected, with glass floor-panels beneath massage tables heightening the sensual experience. An extensive a la carte menu provides a holistic experience with traditional pampering and signature therapies in addition to doctor-assisted Ayurvedic programmes and yoga. Private Spa Suites are an option with several villas.
Ocean Paradise Dive Centre - The Ocean Paradise Dive Centre’s multi-lingual PADI instructors as well as the small dive group sizes ensure that guests of all experience levels get the best service at all times. PADI dive centre is equipped with the latest equipments and many renowned dive sites including world famous Manta Point are within 10 minutes boat ride from the resort.