Come experience the Maldives you’ve always dreamt of at Royal Island Resort & Spa. Amidst the sparkling jewels of the Indian Ocean, our exquisite Maldives luxury hotel shines and dazzles above all. Indulge and immerse yourself in a colourful journey of discovery, where shores lined with luxuriant banyans and lush palms yield to a majestic underwater world that will render you speechless. Enjoy unmatched services and facilities, including the lavish Araamu Spa and a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars . Relax and unwind with a vast selection of resort activities , including a fully equipped gymnasium, tennis, and squash to scuba diving and water skiing .
Whether your tastes run to traditional Maldives dining specialties, international fare, or haute cuisine, the culinary experts at Royal Island Resort & Spa have created menus that are sure to delight. Select from a variety of contrasting choices. Dine al fresco on a poolside terrace or indoors in the traditional elegance of a distinctly Asian-style restaurant with stunning Indian Ocean views. For a casual drink with friends, an apertif before dinner, or a sociable evening on a moonlit deck, you can also choose among an assortment of stylish Maldives bars. Royal Island & Spa creates a dining ambiance to suit your every mood.
- Maakanaa Restaurant
- Savour a wide range of delicious dishes throughout the day at Maakana Restaurant. With its beachside setting and breathtaking Indian Ocean views, this casual, open-air Maldives restaurant offers an unforgettable feast for the senses. Eating at Maakanaa is more than just a meal, it’s an occasion, where unparalleled pleasures for the palate await. Daily buffet breakfast features a variety of options from near and far, with a wide selection of fresh fruits, cereals, pastries and hot daily specials. The cuisine is prepared using only the most exotic of spices, lush tropical fruits and fresh seafood, resulting in a truly inspired Maldives dining experience.
- Open for Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m; Lunch: 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m; Dinner 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Raabondhi Restaurant
- Discover a new world of tastes at Raabondhi Restaurant. Nestled among the natural sand formations and abundant tropical vegetation of Royal Island Resort and Spa, have created menus that are sure to delight. Select from a variety of contrasting choices. Dine al fresco on a poolside terrace or indoors in the traditional elegance of a distinctly Asian-style restaurant with stunning Indian Ocean views. For a casual drink with friends, an apertif before dinner, or a sociable evening on a moonlit deck, you can also choose among an assortment of stylish Maldives bars. Royal Island Resort and Spa creates a dining ambiance to suit your every mood.
- Open for Serving lunch and dinner from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Palm Terrace
- Located at the centre of the resort, the Palm Terrace is a lively, open-air poolside bar. A select beverage menu features refreshing 'mocktails', creative cocktails and scrumptious munchies. The relaxed bar-style seating and deckchairs around the pool make this the perfect venue to relax and unwind.
- 24 Hours
Araamu Spa: At the heart of our Maldives spa resort is the Araamu Spa. In the local Dhivehi language "Araamu" means "comfort", "pleasure" and every feeling in between. This serene Maldives spa is a holistic retreat, offering a delectable menu of treatments to calm the senses, relax the body, and invigorate the spirit. Four outdoor wooden pavilions and two deluxe pavilions with sunken Jacuzzi and steam bath ensure the ultimate in privacy and solitude. There are five indoor treatment rooms specially designed for Indian Ayurvedic treatments, with steam, sauna and whirlpool. Surrounded by tropical foliage and natural water features and ponds, the Araamu Spa is a serene sanctuary offering a sense of complete peace and harmony.
The underwater world encircling our Maldives diving resort will constantly amaze and delight you. This quiet corner or the Baa Atoll is teaming with colourful fish of every shape and size, making Royal Island Resort & Spa the perfect destination for Maldives diving holidays. Whether you take one of our snorkeling trips or dive every day to the outlying reefs, you’ll feel secure in the capable hands of our first-class, multi-lingual dive staff. Preparation and safety are the priorities here, so you can relax and fully enjoy the experience.
The pleasant climate and excellent facilities combine to make Royal Island Resort & Spa one of Asia's top holiday destinations for adventure and extreme sports. Whether you decide to take off behind a fast boat for some wild water-skiing or wakeboarding, surf the waves, kite board or windsurf the warm waters, our Maldives water sports centre has everything you need for a fun-filled holiday. For anglers, Maldivian waters are famous for big game fishing and it is recommend that fishing enthusiasts pre-book their fishing boats, particularly during the high season from November to May. Modern, well-equipped deep-sea fishing boats can be hired to take guests beyond the coral reef to deep blue waters, three miles away from the island. From Maldives water skiing excursions to snorkeling adventures, banana boat rides, and sailing charters, there are plenty of ways to get your feet wet.