A sun-kissed sanctuary, Sun Aqua Vilu Reef Maldives is covered by a lush layer of coconut palms and scented by the sweet fragrance of frangipanis.
Ringed by pristine corals and clear, turquoise waters, Sun Aqua is a haven of peace, home to bright blooms and friendly fauna, with hermit crabs, grey herons and multi-colored geckoes among its exotic inhabitants. This delicate ecology offers quiet moments with nature, the opportunity to immerse in delicious serenity. Only 145 kilometers south of capital Malé, the island is just a 35-minute seaplane ride from the international airport – a short but spectacularly scenic ride.
Adventure calls, so explore beyond the shores on an island expedition. There are sailing trips, sunset cruises aboard our catamaran, cultural visits to nearby fishing villages and jaunts across the ocean in a traditional wooden dhoni. Pack a picnic lunch and sneak away to a secret island, or embark on a dolphin-spotting tour – the possibilities stretch as far as the horizon. On land, you can stay fit at the fitness center, or take a private yoga class in the gardens to reconnect with nature. There’s badminton, tennis, billiards and board games to exercise your competitive spirit, and a divine infinity pool for those with a mind to idle the day away.
Organic homegrown produce plus the planet’s best ingredients equals a flavorful fusion of progressive world cuisine. We farm our own vegetables on a dedicated agricultural island, ensuring the freshest, tastiest food, Maldivian favorites come to the fore – flame-red curries and sambols with a kick. Then there are Northern Thai dishes to tickle the taste buds, and Italian Tuscan-style home-cooking to warm the soul. Alongside fresh seafood daily, and tantalizing wines, our cuisine feeds both body and spirit, keeping you energized from morning to night.
- Private Destination Dining
- Candlelight, constellations and finely crafted cuisine – Destination Dining at Vilu Reef lets you choose your own setting. Escape to a quiet enclave on the beach, set up over the water, or enjoy a private dinner for two on the terrace of your villa.
- Island Pizza
- Melted mozzarella, sweet island pineapple, rich red tomatoes grown in our garden – our new pizza joint is destined to impress. Hand-stretched pizza bases are topped with the freshest ingredients, with authentic seasonings and sauces for the heartiest of meals.
- Positive Energy
- Sweet tropical shakes, ice-cold mocktails, vitamin-packed smoothies – at the Pool Bar you can replenish body and mind against a beautiful Maldivian backdrop. Keep cool in the shade, enjoy the sunlight on a lounger, or drift across the pool with a cold cocktail in hand. Stay all day – we’ll bring drinks and snacks to your sun lounger from morning till night.
- The Aqua
- Start the day with zest over the brilliant azure waters of the lagoon. The Aqua lets you enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner with a side serving of stunning views. A lavish breakfast spread includes warm treats from the bakery, sweet, fresh juices made from local fruits, favorite Western dishes and local Maldivian fare. Come for lunch and dinner, too – this is a lively gastro-hub where you can come to refuel morning, noon and night.
- The Well Done
- Toes in the sand, a balmy breeze in the air, The Well Done serves up fresh fish and seafood, right on the beach. Grab a seat with a view and enjoy a succulent grill, prepared to perfection with local herbs and spices. For a delectable drop with someone special, opt for a degustation experience in our glass-enclosed wine cellar.
Nourish the senses with a spice-scented scrub. Tantalize the skin with a muscle-soothing massage. Sun Aqua Spa at Vilu Reef specializes in healing, and deeply rejuvenating rituals with pure, wholesome ingredients that draw on the Earth’s organic goodness. Our indulgent treatment menu includes fragrant flower baths, Ayurvedic rituals, aromatherapy massage and scrubs that will have you glowing from within.
At Sun Aqua Vilu Reef, you can explore this enchanting underwater world whether you’re an expert or beginner. For those not yet certified, the PADI Gold Palm and DDI Diamond-certified Sun Diving School conducts courses, so even kids can get their fins wet. Take off to Faafu and Dhaluu atolls, explore the depths of underwater caves, see coral-covered wrecks or join the octopus, manta rays and whale sharks as they drift through their underwater kingdom. You don’t need to go far for a snorkeling adventure – our house reef teems with neon-colored life just 30 meters from the shoreline.
The irresistible waters of the Maldives offer something for everyone. You can ply the lagoon by canoe or glide across the tides on a windsurf board. There are donut rings and banana-boat rides for the adrenalin seekers and lessons with experts for those who want to take a new skill home. Water activities include: Canoeing Catamaran sailing Fun tubes/banana riding Water skiing Wake boarding/knee boarding Wind surfing Lessons and special programs