Whether seeking a peaceful hideaway or active adventure, the picture-perfect island of Dhidhoofinolhu is home to LUX* South Ari Atoll, a luxury resort where your fantasy of a laid-back, desert island paradise is about to come true.
Lux Maldives, luxury resort in the Maldives made for peaceful off-the-grid retreats. Here, you’ll discover 187 private villas, dotted at the water’s edge along 4 kilometers of powder ne beaches and perched on stilts above a crystal lagoon. On land or above water, sunset facing or sunrise, these super spacious pavilions and villas bring an entirely original vibe of coastal, beach house chic to the Maldives.
Light, fresh and ever so irresistible, LUX* restaurants offer everything that's exceptional about luxury island dining, with none of the heavy, overly indulgent extras. Enjoy the very best dishes, flavours and textures that the island's many cultures and influences have to offer at any one of the authentic dining environments.
- Inspired by Middle Eastern and Indian Ocean cuisine, Senses never fails to delights with its tempting menu of tagines, tandoori prawns and unique tropical sorbets. Tastebuds tingling yet? Enjoy a light lunch of fresh salads, grills and local seafood, then take a seat at the water’s edge overlooking the infinity pool for an exquisite à la carte dinner under the stars.
- 6.30 pm to 10pm
- Savour the essence of authentic island living at MIXE. With tables set out on the beach under thatched roofs and slow turning ceiling fans, guests can sink their feet into the warm sand below while tucking into mouth-watering fresh buffets for breakfast and dinner. Live cooking stations offer everything from wood-fired pizzas and grills to stir-fries with a tempting island twist. In the evening, enjoy genuine island entertainment performed by talented local performers.
- 7am to 10.30am / 7pm to 10pm
- It’s not just about full flavours in a chic, contemporary setting – UMAMI is as dedicated to drama as it is delicious dinners. A bright-red coral reef artwork covers one wall, competing with the theatrics of the knife-wielding, grill-tickling chefs. Perch on benches at the cobalt-blue sushi bar and watch our masters crafting just-caught seafood into world-class sashimi, nigiri and maki. At a wood-smoky robata grill, see us barbecue Kobe beef or Australian lamb, just how the pickiest epicureans like it, right here in this elegant space. More visual thrills await thanks to the head chef’s entertaining teppanyaki skills. Drink connoisseurs have 30 sakés and nine fine Japanese whiskies with which to toast this remarkable dining experience.
- 7pm to 10pm
- East Market
- The interactive stalls in our over-the-water Asian-market-inspired restaurant make it as fun to admire the action as it is to try authentic tastes from Thailand, China, Taiwan, Vietnam and the Philippines. Dim sum steam in bamboo mushiki. A parade of meats, vegetables and seasonings urges you to have noodle dishes or stir-fries whipped up in woks. A pushcart displays a perfect Peking duck. At East Market breakfast and dinner isn’t just about grazing from the live cooking stations – our terraces promise heart-stopping Indian Ocean views. In the mood for a classic European start to your day? Follow the scent of baking to croissants, baguettes, pastries and seeded loaves, fresh from that glass-fronted oven. Rustic baskets spill over with fruit and vegetables, next to sacks of intriguing spices, while skilled chefs stand by to make your culinary cravings come alive in front of you.
- 7am to 10:30am / 7pm to 10pm
- East bar
- A deck with swinging double seats and loungers-for-two on catamaran nets floating above turquoise waters – this hip little hangout is an atmospheric rendezvous. Sunset cocktail or low-key nightcap? Our above-the-water bar doesn’t just invite you to relax with exactly the chilled drink you wanted – we insist. Spend an evening socialising at this picturesque perch (we say ‘on the island twice), and we suggest you stray from the deck that overlooks our island and the ocean to find the biggest surprise that awaits… Seek out the secret under-the-sea-themed musical space where you may be tempted to take your drinks and start dancing. Can’t see it? Or hear it? All we’re saying is this: it might be where you least expect it...
- 5pm to midnight
- Lagoon Bar
- Right by the beach, with a front-row view of the sunrise, this sociable enclave is situated near our reception, right by the watersports centre. Unwind to an island soundtrack and reggae vibes, while sharing your experiences from the last dive or your exciting watersports session. No wonder you tell us this is one of your favourite laid-back watering holes in the world.
- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Escape to the Mediterranean embrace of Allegria, here on our deck or right the beach. Quality Italian ingredients, and authentic southern European recipes, all created with expertise in an open kitchen that invites guests to spy our skilled chefs creating pastas, pizzas, gnocchi and just-caught seafood. There’s also an à la carte menu which promises to wow to Italophiles and epicureans alike. Exclusive arrangements can also be made for small parties to dine privately and indulge in a range of cheeses complemented by our Scrucap wines and an exceptional selection of Italian, French and New World labels too.
- 6.30 pm to 10pm
- Beach Rouge
- You’ve heard the album, now enjoy the ambience as you eat, drink and make merry. Pick at delicious fresh pizzas straight from our wood-fired in the ultimate relaxed setting, right on the soft-sand beach – crisp, thin crusts, topped with the freshest ingredients, baked to perfection… And your feet in the sand, eyes on the lagoon view and the breeze in your hair. That’s a recipe for good times.
- Lunch a la carte : 12:00 pm to 5:00pm Dinner a la carte 6:30 pm to 10:00pm
- Here, near the crystal-clear swimming pool that extends out to sea, with shimmering views of the lagoon on three sides, pause at the Veli Pool Bar next to the water, and enjoy a refreshing drink as you soak up those incredible watery views.
- 11:00 am to 5:00pm
- Café LUX*
- Excellent coffee is a must, not a luxury; that’s why you’ll find a Café LUX* at the heart of LUX* South Ari Atoll. Café LUX* has revolutionised the world of hotel coffee, and our commitment remains clear: to offer our guests the finest barista-made coffee, day or night. Great coffee begins with freshly ground beans, so we roast our own in our on-site roasting rooms, which can be explored on our aromatic behind-the-scenes tour. Our specialist baristas keep up with all the latest trends and techniques – including Cold Press, Pour Overs and Nitro coffee. Bespoke ‘pod’ machines and a variety of Café LUX* blends allow guests to enjoy an aromatic cup in their room, and even at home.
- 6am to 6pm
At LUX* Resorts and Hotels you will experience a sanctuary for your health and wellbeing. LUX* Me is all about a personalised approach to your wellbeing, whether it be spa, fitness, yoga, meditation, nutrition or a unique combination tailored especially to your needs.
Experience the unique underwater world of the maldives, ffering some of the world's best dive sites and colourful reefs boasting an abundance of marine life. The five-star padi diving centre and our dedicated professional team are on hand to ensure the ultimate dive experience for pros and novices alike.
Complimentary: snorkeling equipment, canoe, pedal boats, kayaks, snorkeling trips to the house reef For a fee: diving, windsur ng, fun tube rides, waterskiing, jet-skiing, kite sur ng, catamaran trips, whale shark safaris, yboarding, glass bottom boat excursions, private trips with speedboat or dhoni, morning and sunset shing