Nestled on a private island in a Maldivian atoll, this grand retreat beckons guests to uncover natural splendour and thriving marine life. An architectural marvel nestled on a private tropical island, discover a peaceful retreat on one of the Maldives’ atolls where nature’s splendor and thriving marine life inspire iconic modern design.
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort is ideally poised on its own exclusive island in the Republic of Maldives. Set on nine hectares in the Dhaalu Atoll, the resort is surrounded by pristine landscapes, thick tropical vegetation, a fine white-sand beach, a brackish lagoon, and the glistening turquoise Indian Ocean. This intimate retreat offers the perfect gateway for embracing the dramatic natural beauty of this enchanting island nation, whose 26 atolls comprise 1,192 islands, of which only 200 are inhabited. A premier destination for world-class snorkeling and diving, the resort’s private house reef—one of the nation’s most renowned—is ideal for taking in the magnificent underwater world teeming with marine life. Immerse yourself in sailing, windsurfing, surfing, parasailing, sea kayaking, jet skiing, water skiing, and stand-up paddling. The translucent waters also draw guests to charter a yacht to enjoy isolated islands and endless other ocean excursions ranging from deep-sea fishing to dolphin and sunset cruises. Captivating outdoor areas host petanque, beach volleyball, and other recreational activities. The Maldives is renowned for its fresh seafood, particularly tuna. Maldivian dishes are often spicy and flavored with coconut. Traditional dishes include curries known as mas riha, as well as fihunu mas (barbecued fish basted with chili). The classic Maldivian breakfast mas huni—shredded smoked fish served with grated coconut—is also delectable.
Led by St. Regis Head Butler Adam Aneel Ahmed, the St. Regis Butlers are committed to providing service beyond expectation. The staff is happy to recommend customized recreational activities on the island, from beach yoga and sandbank picnics to deep-sea fishing and dolphin or sunset cruises. In addition to coordinating excursions, the team of butlers is on hand to arrange reservations for premier dining, procure airline tickets, and coordinate childcare, personal training, and spa appointments. Discreet assistance with floral arrangements, island transportation, and much more ensures a flawless stay.
At The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, invitea guests on an exquisite epicurean journey. Culinary experts showcase their exceptional talents by crafting worldly dishes using fresh seafood and locally grown produce as well as serving top-shelf libations in an array of sophisticated settings.
- Delectable cuisine meets uncompromising service at our signature restaurant, Alba. Our all-day open kitchen promises indelible Italian cuisine accompanied by breathtaking views of the resort’s pristine beachfront and shimmering pool from our picturesque terrace and dining room.
- 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM; 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM; 7:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- The destination for exquisite Asian cuisine, Orientale unites beguiling flavors with impeccable service.Boasting a tranquil setting of white oak and sleek gray décor, the beautifully appointed dining space is illuminated by contemporary black iron chandeliers and romantic recessed lighting. Against the colorful tile backdrops distinguishing each of our three distinctive show kitchens, our experienced chefs showcase their culinary talents. Meanwhile, guests can enjoy unfettered views of azure sky and sea framed by tropical greenery and white-sand beaches from our partially enclosed dining room and open-air terrace.
- 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- The Whale Bar
- At the Whale Bar, our overwater lounge, we invite guests to partake of delectable tapas and locally sourced seafood as well as hand-selected wines and spirits while enjoying unfettered views of the Indian Ocean and our private coral reef.
- 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Revealing captivating views of our resort pool and the sparkling Indian Ocean, Crust, our family-friendly pizzeria, is defined by its breezy, inviting ambience.
- 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- For guests seeking an alternative to beachfront dining, Cargo is the island’s idyllic destination for Middle Eastern cuisine.This intriguing kiosk invites guests to savor epicurean cuisine in the lush environs of the island’s tropical gardens. Cargo’s signature entrée is Hummus. Elevated by homemade dressings and spices, our other tantalizing dishes include Shaweerma, Falafel Ala Minute, Quraides Bel Khudar, Lamb Shuqaf and more. Middle Eastern desserts are also available.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday 6.30 PM - 11:00 PM
- At Decanter, the opulent underground wine cellar, the Executive Chef and Wine Director complement a bespoke five-course continental menu with carefully curated vintages.
- Wednesday and Saturday 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Iridium Spa promises a transformative journey in an oasis of tropically inspired sophistication. Alighting atop the scintillating waves of the Indian Ocean, our 1,850-square-meter overwater sanctuary features plush furnishings set against white oak interiors to create an ambience of elegant tranquility.
Recognized as an international dive site by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), the center offers expert scuba and nitrox diving lessons and certification as well as premier ScubaPro equipment. An array of exhilarating excursions allows guests to swim with manta rays and dolphins, photograph the beautiful corals, and admire the rich marine life of our private reef. Parasailing and jet or water-skiing equipment are also available.
Complimentary amenities for stand-up paddling, canoeing, catamaran sailing, and more for guests who do not require professional guides or instruction.